Saturday, March 18, 2006

Run Forrest...Run!

Daily 1 Paragraph Reviews: Movie: Forrest Gump (1994)
Forrest Gump is honest, real and heartwarming---and that goes for both the movie and the character. This is my first time seeing Forrest Gump. There I've said it. Why have I ignored this movie for the last 12 years? I have no friggen idea. And I regret not having seen it at an earlier time in my life because it is really quite an amazng experience. The film tells the life story of a man named Forrest. Although the premise of the story may seem banal, don't let that fool you because Forrest's life surely is not. What really drives this movie is Hank's amazing portrayal of Gump. Without it there would be no Forrest Gump and no one would care who Forrest Gump is. The movie blends the right amount of comedy with just enough drama to propel the plot foward. Life is certainly like a box of chocolates...I love Forrest, and you should too.

Pros
+Tom Hanks Shines.
+Funny and sad when it should be.
+Memorable Quotes
+Beautiful Score

Cons
-Maybe just a little too long.

Rating: A----95%

0 comments:

 
Easily Entertained © 2008. Design: ~ Sweet Baby Girl