Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I'm now a Kiera Knightley Fan

Daily 1 Paragraph Reviews: Pride and Prejudice
Two days ago I was unexpectedly pulled into a classic love story.
Pride and Prejudice
is one of those films that gets the formula for a romantic comedy down perfectly. The film succeeds because of two essential factors: the beautifully written screenplay and great performances by the entire cast, especially those of the main characters Kiera Knightley and Matthew Macfayden. Moreover, bright colors, great costume design and beautiful set architecture set up the tone and mise-en-scene of this story quite nicely, giving it a sense of realism. If you are a sucker for films centered around the theme of love or just want to see a good film in general, I highly recommend Pride and Prejudice.

Rating: A---93%

If
you want to see a weird film, see The Secretary. It's a different kind of love story...

I'm
convinced that Dr. House is the greatest character on television. He's my favorite smartass.

Currently
I am watching Spielberg's Schindler's List. Yes, currently. It's damn long---over three hours long to be exact. But it's good...unlike that movie that wasted three hours of my time, Pearl Harbor.

0 comments:

 
Easily Entertained © 2008. Design: ~ Sweet Baby Girl