Wednesday, March 15, 2006

As I watched The English Patient , I continued to lose patience

Daily 1 paragraph reviews: Movie: The English Patient (1996)
Ralph Fiennes recently grabbed my attention with his amazing performance in the movie The Constant Gardener. His acting in The English Patient, on the other hand didn't do much for me at all. Quite frankly, I wasn't impressed by any of the actors and with an hour left in the movie was anxiously waiting for this dull love story to be over. I honestly couldn't care less about what happened to any of the main characters and that's never a good sign. Winner of nine academy awards, I had high expectations for this movie and only one of those expecations were met: excellent cinematography. Breathtaking extreme long shots of the desert make this a beautiful movie to watch---too bad that alone can't save a movie from being a complete bore.

Rating: D+ --- 68%

On a better note I finished watching Schindler's List which was quite marvelous, and deserving of the best picture oscar.

I currently have disc 1 of Grey's Anatomy coming in the mail via my buddy netflix. I've heard only good things about this relatively new doctor show and couldn't be more excited.

Kingdom Hearts II is coming out in 10 days. Hoorah---hoorah! I can't wait to kick some more heartless ass.

Fullmetal Alchemist: the Movie concluded this epic Anime quite nicely. It wasn't the ending that I wanted, but it was good nevertheless.

0 comments:

 
Easily Entertained © 2008. Design: ~ Sweet Baby Girl